Summary of Duties:
To perform the direct service tasks outlined in the service plan as household duties, home management, personal hygiene, companion care, and emotional support. The Caregiver reports to the Office Manager, Assistant Office Manager, or the Administrator.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To completely recognize the importance of a clean, healthy environment in performing household tasks
- To provide personal care tasks with respect for privacy and dignity of the person in care
- To plan with a client how best to carry out required tasks and functions
- To help maintain a functioning household
- To involve the client whenever possible in all activities
- To organize tasks as outlined in service plan and within the scheduled hours
- To assist client’s with verbal or written communications
- To report important changes concerning the client or client’s home
- To complete required reports accurately and on time
- To encourage individual independence in performance of all tasks
- To attend all required meetings and in-service trainings
- To act as a Mandatory Reporter if MANE is suspected and to call 911 in emergencies
- Experience: Home management; caring for the elderly; working with persons with intellectual or developmental disabilities
- Education: High school education is desirable but not required and is waived if the applicant can read, write, follow instructions, and complete required paperwork.
- Special Requirements: Must attend in-serve training classes offered by AMBER Personal care as well as all staff meetings
- Personal Qualifications: Patience and flexibility; tolerance for people and their culture; respect of confidentiality; ability to work under supervision and within guidelines of a plan of care; sound judgment; a sense of humor; physical ability to perform client’s personal care tasks.
- Training: Every PCP while remaining an employee of Amber Personal care must complete at least 6 hours of training annually in addition to 20hrs of initial training.