As an agency, Amber Personal Care has the utmost respect and concern for the health of our employees and clients.
Amber Personal Care’s COVID-19 guidelines are in line with the CDC recommendations and Amber Personal Care will adjust and implement new policies as they come out from the CDC. Amber Personal Care has directed all employees to stay at home if they are sick and if they have any potential exposure to anyone with COVID-19 to self-quarantine for 14 days. Amber Personal Care also requires all employees to wear masks when working with a client or while out in public. We ask our employees that if they are sick to stay home except to get medical care.
- Stay home. Most people with COVID-19 have mild illness and can recover at home without medical care. Do not leave your home, except to get medical care. Do not visit public areas.
- Take care of yourself. Get rest and stay hydrated. Take over-the-counter medicines, such as acetaminophen, to help you feel better.
- Stay in touch with your doctor. Call before you get medical care. Be sure to get care if you have trouble breathing, or have any other emergency warning signs, or if you think it is an emergency.
- Avoid public transportation, ridesharing services, or taxis.
We ask both our employees and clients to pay attention to emergency warning signs for COVID-19.
If someone is showing any of these signs, seek emergency medical care immediately. Call 911 or call ahead to your local emergency facility: Notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
- Trouble breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion
- Inability to wake or stay awake
- Bluish lips or face
This list is not all possible symptoms. Please call your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning to you.
Lastly, we ask our employees and clients to limit or minimize human to human contact as COVID-19 spreads between people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet) through respiratory droplets, created when someone talks, coughs, or sneezes. As such, we require all our employees to wear facemasks when entering a public space and when working with a client.